5 Words That Can Get You Higher Bands In Ielts.


Hey Guys!

I am Manpreet and I welcome you all here on my blog.

Well my friends are you thinking of going to English speaking countries to pursue higher studies or to do work. So if you are really planning for that than you need to give the Ielts exam first and you can also join Ielts classes in Chandigarh. 

As Ielts exam checks the proficiency of the person in the English language. The Ielts exam comprises of 4 sections namely Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing.


So today I am going to tell you about 5 very cool words that you can use in the English Speaking Section of the Ielts exam. All these words can help you in scoring high in Ielts exam.

It’s good to use simple sentences but using some great vocabulary words is the only mantra of scoring high bands in the English speaking section of Ielts.
  •   Plethora (Ple-tho-ra)

The word Plethora means a-lot.

We can use this word for a lot of things. We can use plethora while talking about hobbies as we can say I have a plethora of hobbies which mean a lot of hobbies.


Some more examples of word plethora are plethora of food items, plethora of cuisine etc.

Now you know whenever you have to use word a-lot use plethora instead.
  •             Mesmerize

Mesmerizing means charming. You can use this word for any place which have got your attention.

 Let us see some examples of word mesmerize. The holiday destination or place or painting was so beautiful that I was mesmerized.

So try using mesmerized word describing anything which is beautiful. It can be a place, concert or anything else.
  •     However

When you have to describe two contradictory sentences you can use the word However. 


Example  when you are explaining your hobbies at that point of time you can say that I used to play football however I love cricket.

Another example of using However is I used to love singing however dancing is my new hobby. So here I am talking about the two different contradictory sentences.
  •          Recapitulate

Recapitulate is the another word for summarize.  

Whenever we have to take out the overview of anything we can use the word Recapitulate.
  •         Dilemma

The fifth one and the last one is dilemma .dilemma means when you have to choose between two different pleasant choices. 


Example of dilemma is when you have to choose between your two favorite things. For example cricket and football are my favorite sports but I am in a state of dilemma which one to play now.

Now all you have to do is to practice to pronounce these five words clearly and I would like to say you that whenever you use these words in whatever sentence you are forming try to use them in correct forms and in correct phrases.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do IELTS and Study in Australia and Canada